Call for FCEP Board of Director Candidates 2019
Dear FCEP Members,
Are you interested in serving as a member of FCEP’s Board of Directors? We are now accepting letters of interest to be considered by the Nominating Committee.
FCEP continues to grow in membership: we are now one of the top 5 largest chapters in ACEP with nearly 2,000 members and over 400 residents. We continue to have a significantly important legislative and regulatory agenda, as well as expanded educational programs to serve our patients and members.
Serving on FCEP’s Board of Directors is an excellent opportunity to work with great leaders in emergency medicine, to advocate on behalf of our patients, and to help set FCEP’s agenda for years to come.
Below are the requirements per our Bylaws:
- a. Member of the Chapter.
- b. Active involvement in Chapter as evidenced by committee membership or other activity.
- At least sixty (60) days prior to the Annual Meeting of the Chapter, the Nominating Committee, as constituted by Section 3 of Article IX, will submit a slate of nominees for impending vacancies on the Board to the Board of Directors, and subsequently placed on the ballot for election by the membership. The slate of nominees shall include one or more nominees for each vacancy on the Board. Nominations to the Board will also be accepted from the membership up to sixty (60) days prior to the Annual Meeting, and placed on the ballot after approval of a majority of the Board of Directors. All nominees to the Board must be regular or (if eligible) candidate members in good standing of the Florida Chapter at the time of their nomination. The election of Board vacancies by the members will take place during the thirty (30) days prior to the Annual Meeting in the method described in Article X.
- Board members will take office at the Annual Board Meeting immediately following the election of officers.
- Section 6. Term. Elected directors shall serve a term of three (3) years and shall be eligible to serve a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
Please submit a letter of interest to Beth Brunner at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 17, 2019 to be considered.
Joel Stern, MD, FACEP
Immediate Past President
Chair, Board/Councillor Nominating Committee